1/1 Photo of Chicken and Artichokes (5 Ww Points)
Another meal inspired by a recipe from *Eating Well* magazine. Don't you just love it when you can assemble a fancy feeling dish that is actually quite easy in less than 30 minutes. The sauce here is aromatic and flavorful and I like to add a little extra broth so there is a bit more to spoon over brown rice. At just 5 WW points per serving, this is a real dandy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized cubes about 3/4 to 1 inch in size
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts (can use bottoms) or 1 cup canned artichoke heart, halved (can use bottoms)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomato
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- parsley, for garnish
- 1Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Heat the oil in a nonstick pan. When the oil is hot, dredge the chicken in the flour, tap off the excess, and sauté until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 2Pour off the oil and add the garlic to the pan with the chicken, stir to combine. Add the parsley and salt, artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- 3Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, turning the chicken 2 to 3 times until cooked through.
- 4Place the chicken on plates, arrange the artichokes and tomatoes around the chicken, and pour the sauce over all. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Artichokes (5 Ww Points)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 247.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen artichoke hearts