1/1 Photo of Chicken and Artichoke Stew
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From Everyday Food. The instructions state that you can also use a rotisserie chicken; skip step 1, and add the chicken in step 4 as directed. I haven't made this yet, but I would probably use white wine in place of the water used is steps 2 and 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- coarse salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml flour
- 2 (822.13 g) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 carrots, cut in 1/2 inch rounds, about 3 cups
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2 (793.78 g) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and halved lengthwise
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- cooked white rice or buttered noodles
- 1Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 T butter in a Dutch Oven over med-high. Brown half the chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken. Set aside to cool.
- 2Reduce heat to med. Add 1/4 c water; scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Add onions; cook until golden, about 5 minute Stir in flour; cook 1 minute more.
- 3Add broth and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Add carrots, thyme, 1 t salt and 1/2 t pepper. Simmer til carrots are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Cut chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and return to pot. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Add artichokes; cook til warmed about 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Artichoke Stew
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 149.2 mg
- Sodium 561.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 40.7 g