Recipe by MarieRynr
I confess I haven't tried this yet but I wanted to post it so I know where it is.(If you've seen my recipebook collection, you'll know why...) It sounds delicious! Plan ahead as it needs to chill for 8 to 10 hours. (this is not reflected in the timings)
Top Review by newspapergal
I really, really thought I would love this - love the ingredients, love the idea - but DH & I both just thought this was OK. I halved the recipe easily, and left out the black olives, but otherwise followed it exactly. The balsamic didn't give it the flavor punch I'd expected, and the red onion seemed to overpower the flavor.
- 6 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup olive, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken,s alad olives, artichoke hearts, onion, bell pepper, celery, mushrooms and black olives in a large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Whisk the vegetable oil, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a smal bowl until blended. Pour over the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill, covered, for 8 to 10 hours. Serve over curly lettuce leaves.