Recipe by ladywisconsin
While I was browsing the internet, this recipe caught my eye. If you like artichokes, I can't see where this can go wrong. Probably not a kid pleaser, but for the older crowd, this would make a wonderful dinner party dish. Enjoy!
Top Review by IngridH
This was good, but really needed some more flavor to be great. I'd suggest some more fresh herbs (maybe oregano and thyme to go alond with the basil), and a splash of either red wine vinegar or lemon juice at the end. I also found that the wine was not enough liquid to make a sauce, so I added a quarter cup of the pasta water, which helped bring it together. Good potential, but it still needs a little work.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, quarters rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 12 ounces corkscrew macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high.
- Add onions, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add wine, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and artichokes.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook about 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce will thicken a bit as it cooks.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the cheese and basil. Serve over the cooked pasta or toss it all together if you'd rather.
- Serve with garlic bread.