Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy recipe that can be made for unexpected company with the addition of rice or noodles on the side.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 lb mushroom (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes until translucent.
- Place chicken breast halves between two sheets waxed paper, and with a meat mallet, flatten each piece until it's about 1/4 -inch thick.
- Dredge chicken in flour, and sauté chicken about 8 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Place frozen artichokes hearts in a colander and run cold water over them until they separate.
- After removing chicken from skillet, add artichoke hearts and mushrooms, increase heat and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in stock, wine and thyme, and boil mixture for 4 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper, return chicken to skillet, reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes until sauce is slightly thickened .
- 4 servings.