Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A family favorite around here! I'm sure it will soon be a favorite in your home too. :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 8 ounces 98% fat-free ham slices (Alpine Lace)
- 8 ounces fully cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese (I used reduced-fat Alpine Lace)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 slice bread, torn into soft crumbs (I used a low-calorie type)
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet; add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, adding a few drops of water if food starts to stick.
- Add artichokes, stirring often, and cooking for 4 minutes more, continuing to add water as necessary.
- Pour vegetables into a 2-qt.
- casserole; layer ham and chicken over vegetables.
- Melt 2 tbsp.
- margarine in small pan; stir in flour.
- Cook flour until bubbly.
- Add milk and stir with whisk constantly until thickened.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Taste and correct seasoning if necessary.
- Pour sauce over casserole.
- Toss crumbs with 1 tbsp.
- melted margarine; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Good casserole. My four year old wasnt into it but my dh and i liked it very much.
I love this one it was very good and easy to make low in calories really turns me on to it. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
This is really good. A nice change form the ordinary chicken casseroles. It was even better leftover the next day.