1/1 Photo of Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
DH and I love this casserole served with rice and a green salad. It's a bit rich so we don't eat it very often. We found it in the Jr League of Cincinnati's "River Feast".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained (we like them quartered)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 lb mushroom, fresh (halved or quartered if large)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- 3Place artichokes in the dish; top with the cooked chicken.
- 4In a skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter and saute the mushrooms until they've released their juices; pour over chicken/artichokes.
- 5Melt remaining butter in a saucepan.
- 6Stir in flour, salt, pepper and cayenne to form a smooth paste.
- 7Whisk in the half-n-half; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- 8Stir in Worcestershire Sauce and Sherry.
- 9Pour over casserole and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
- 10Nice with brown or white rice and a green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.2 mg
- Sodium 1292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 45.5 g