Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made for RSC#11 This can be served with rice or noodles.
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 4 cups approximately 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and cut the artichokes into smaller pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add the spinach, garlic and shallots.
- Mix the chicken broth and wine and pour over spinach and artichokes mixture.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Skin the thighs and remove any fat.
- Place in a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Mix the chicken soup, milk and green chilies together and set aside.
- Spread spinach mixture over the chicken.
- Pour soup mixture over spinach mixture.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is done and juices are hot and bubbly.
FALL PAC 08: Auntie - this dish is delicious and easy to make!! I served this over rice along with Zurie's Recipe#323458! YUM!!
My dh enjoyed this dish very much. He loved the flavour of the sauce, and that the chicken was nice and tender. He has already requested that I make this for him again soon. Good luck in the contest.
We enjoyed this a lot! The sauce was a little too runny for me, I might leave out the broth and the milk in order to thicken it up a bit. I served it over noodles and sprinkled with feta cheese, which went great with it. Thanks!