Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made for RSC#11 This can be served with rice or noodles.
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 4 cups approximately 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and cut the artichokes into smaller pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add the spinach, garlic and shallots.
- Mix the chicken broth and wine and pour over spinach and artichokes mixture.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Skin the thighs and remove any fat.
- Place in a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Mix the chicken soup, milk and green chilies together and set aside.
- Spread spinach mixture over the chicken.
- Pour soup mixture over spinach mixture.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is done and juices are hot and bubbly.
FALL PAC 08: Auntie - this dish is delicious and easy to make!! I served this over rice along with Zurie's Savoury Ricotta Snacks! YUM!!
My dh enjoyed this dish very much. He loved the flavour of the sauce, and that the chicken was nice and tender. He has already requested that I make this for him again soon. Good luck in the contest.
We enjoyed this a lot! The sauce was a little too runny for me, I might leave out the broth and the milk in order to thicken it up a bit. I served it over noodles and sprinkled with feta cheese, which went great with it. Thanks!