Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I work 12-14 hour days as a nurse and am always on the lookout for quick and easy meals. I found this recipe in the coupon section of the paper and it fit the bill.Unfortunately I could not enter the exact ingredient(listed below as Alfredo pasta). It is a Knorr-Lipton Alfredo Pasta Side, found with the other packaged pastas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (4 1/3 ounce) package alfredo sauce mix
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat I tablespoon oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken pieces.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat and cook red pepper and onion about 4 minutes until crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add water and milk, bring to a boil.
- Stir in Knorr-Lipton Alfredo Pasta Sides, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add artichokes and chicken, cooking for 2 minutes or until chicken thoroughly cooked.
- Remove to a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese and broil 2 minutes or until golden.