Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Gran's recipe and one of my dad's favourites
- 8 chicken pieces (2 pieces per person)
- 420 g apricots in light syrup
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (32 g) maggi powdered onion soup mix or 1 (32 g) mushroom soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- place the chicken in a casserole dish.
- sprinkle over the soup mix and then the onion.
- pour over the apricots and the juice, only add as much water as you think it will need, sometimes it needs it, other times it needs 1/4 cup and other times all of it.
- cover with tin foil and roast about 1 hour or until cooked.
- serve with rice.