Recipe by Ailsa of New Zealand
This recipe is easy to make and really tasty.
Top Review by catxx
This WAS very easy and tasty, and was a big hit with my toddler son, which makes it a winner in my eyes. I was a bit worried halfway through when I removed the lid as it seemed very watery and I felt the flavour was lacking something, but by the time it was done it had developed nicely ( though I was too impatient to let it get to the "thick" stage!). We had it over brown rice, which was a nice nutty contrast to the melt-in-the mouth textures and sweetly aromatic flavours of the stew.I only had tinned sliced champignon mushrooms on hand, but they substituted nicely. Thanks for a delicious dinner, Ailsa - I'll be doing this again.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 150 g dried apricots, chopped
- 225 g onions, chopped
- 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 725 ml chicken stock or 725 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a large, heavy based saucepan or casserole and bring to the boil.
- Cover, lower the heat right down and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When cooked, remove the lid and simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has gone and you have a thick stew.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.