I came across this recipe when looking for things to make with fresh apricots during the too-short apricot season. Although I haven't made this yet I am planning on making it before the apricot season is over. Recipe source: Real Simple (June 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped,plus
- parsley sprig, for garnish
- 1 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 shallot, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Place the couscous in a large salad bowl.
- 2In a medium saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and stir in the cinnamon, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3Pour mixture over the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until couscous is soft. Uncover and fluff with fork. Stir in parsley, mint and 2 tablespoons oil. Set aside.
- 4Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a seperate bowl. Add the apricots, shallot and pistachios. Toss.
- 5Drizzle with the vinegar and remainining oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss.
- 6Add chicken mixture to couscous in salad bowl and toss.
- 7Garnish with parsley sprigs if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Apricot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.8
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 403.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 42.9 g