Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was taken from the Simply Recipes website and adapted from the Boston Globe.
- 118.29 ml apple cider
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, fresh ground to taste
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml mustard
- 29.58 ml seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 453.59 g chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 apples, unpeeled and cored and cut into eighths (use Golden delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Pippin, or McIntosh apples)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- Whisk cider, cornstarch, mustard, honey, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spread bread crumbs on a piece of wax paper, lightly coat chicken with crumbs.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add apples, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Add chicken broth, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken and apples to serving plates.
- Whisk cider mixture again and add to skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until lightly thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon over chicken and apples, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with rice. Serves 4.