Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is an excellent fall meal. Serve with wild rice.
Top Review by Rachel Savage
I made this last night and it tasted good. The sauce looked a bit strange -- very beige and a bit lumpy. Everyone seemed to enjoy it though and there were no leftovers even though there were only three of us dining. I was serving leeks as a side dish, so I substituted 1/2 a medium onion for the leek called for in this recipe so as not to overdo it.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tart apples, cored,peeled,and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 drops fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the leeks, stirring until softened and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionaly, until softened, about 10 minutes Sprinkle on the flour, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Cook 3 minutes then add the stock and cream.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Season with the lemon juice.
- Stir in the chicken and heat through.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.