Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pasta is my passion and I'm always looking for new sauces to dress it up. Today I came up with this one. It contains one of my favourite chicken and apple sausages made by Applegate Farms. The sausage is mild and totally cooked. Tonight I'm serving mine over spaghetti squash instead of pasta.
- 14.79 ml coconut oil
- 2 celery hearts (chopped fine)
- 1 sweet onion (medium dice)
- 6 button mushrooms (sliced medium)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 793.78 g canchunky tomato sauce
- 340.19 g package sausage (Applegate Farms Chicken & Apple fully cooked and skinless and chopped)
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml sangria (or sweet red wine)
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, add the chopped chicken and apple sausage and process until it looks like hamburger. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in your saute pan and on medium low, cook the onion and celery until just tender.
- Add the garlic, saute for another minute. Add the mushrooms.
- Add the salt and pepper and saute until the mushrooms get brown.
- Add the can of tomatoes, then the ground chicken and apple sausage.
- Then add the Italian seasonings and wine.
- Give it all a good stir.
- Make sure you taste this to see if it needs more salt. I added a little more salt at this stage.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until you like the taste.
- Serve over your favourite pasta or spaghetti squash. Add some grated cheese for extra flavour.
- Bon Appetit!