1/3 Photos of Chicken and Apple Sausage Pasta Sauce
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
Pasta is my passion and I'm always looking for new sauces to dress it up. Today I came up with this one. It contains one of my favourite chicken and apple sausages made by Applegate Farms. The sausage is mild and totally cooked. Tonight I'm serving mine over spaghetti squash instead of pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 celery hearts (chopped fine)
- 1/2 sweet onion (medium dice)
- 6 button mushrooms (sliced medium)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chunky tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package sausage (Applegate Farms Chicken & Apple fully cooked and skinless and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup sangria (or sweet red wine)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a food processor, add the chopped chicken and apple sausage and process until it looks like hamburger. Set aside.
- 2Melt the coconut oil in your saute pan and on medium low, cook the onion and celery until just tender.
- 3Add the garlic, saute for another minute. Add the mushrooms.
- 4Add the salt and pepper and saute until the mushrooms get brown.
- 5Add the can of tomatoes, then the ground chicken and apple sausage.
- 6Then add the Italian seasonings and wine.
- 7Give it all a good stir.
- 8Make sure you taste this to see if it needs more salt. I added a little more salt at this stage.
- 9Simmer for about 10 minutes or until you like the taste.
- 10Serve over your favourite pasta or spaghetti squash. Add some grated cheese for extra flavour.
- 11Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Apple Sausage Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 1840.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: