1/1 Photo of Chicken and Apple Curry
A warming dish that is subtly-spiced and very light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- cooked basmati rice
- 1Heat oil and 1 tblsp butter over moderately-high heat until foam subsides.
- 2Brown chicken, patted dry and seasoned with salt; transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 3Pour off fat from casserole, add remaining 2 tblsps butter and cook celery, onion and garlic over moderately-low heat, until softened.
- 4Add apples and cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add bell pepper, curry, cinnamon and cumin and cook 1 minutes.
- 6Stir in flour and cook over moderate heat 3 minutes.
- 7Add broth and chicken and cook, covered and at a bare simmer, 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- 8Transfer chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 9Boil sauce 3-5 minutes, or until thickened slightly, and season.
- 10Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Apple Curry
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.1
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.1 mg
- Sodium 608.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 42.7 g