Prep 0 mins
Cook 29 mins
A scrap of very old paper, which I thought important enough to keep years ago, fell out of a drawer. I'd still like to try these recipes. From Cheat's Cuisine and Celia Goodrick-Clarke.
- 350 g cooked chicken
- 5 cox apples
- 125 g butter
- 300 ml cheese sauce
- 4 tablespoons toasted white breadcrumbs
- 25 g grated cheddar cheese
- Butter a shallow ovenproof dish and place the chicken, cut into bite size pieces, in the bottom.
- Peel, core and slice 4 apples, fry then gently in the melted butter and put on top of the chicken.
- Season and pour the cheese sauce on top.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle the surface.
- Cut the remaining apple into rings, toss into the butter and arrange on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 200C/400F until crisp and golden.