2 hrs 30 mins
BLUE ROSE's Note:
This dish is also known as a Spanish Tapas. When I made this recipe I made Steps 1 throught 5 night before which saved me on time the next day instead of waiting for the chicken mixture to cool. Cooking times is only an estimate due to I guess how long it would take to cool when cooking this at one time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces andouille sausages, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. Season the chicken with Essence. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes,.
- 3stirring constantly. Add the andouille and saute for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne. Add the water, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, parsley and cheese and simmer for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the bread crumbs. Cool the mixture completely.
- 6Stack the four sheets of phyllo dough one top of each other and cut all into thirds.
- 7You will have a total of 12 sheets. Divide the sheets into four 3-sheet stacks. Keep the phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent the phyllo from drying out.
- 8Lightly brush the top of each stack with vegetable oil. Put 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture on the bottom edge of each stack of phyllo. Fold two sides of the phyllo toward the center about 1/4-inch. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the phyllo securely, pressing each to close.
- 9Lightly brush each strudel with oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the strudels on the paper, about 2 inches apart and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove from the oven and cut each strudel in half at a diagonal and serve each with the remaining BBQ sauce and grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Andouille Strudels
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 1082.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 33.3 g