Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I never thought that I would adopt a fancy chinese dish for our "any day of the week meal". My kids love it and after preparing it a few times - its easy and quick. Got it out of an Israeli cook book of Chinese food (interesting mix, wouldnt you say?)
CHICKEN AND MARINADE
- 500 g chicken breasts, cubed (2X2 cm.)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
VEGETABLES AND ADDITIONS
- 200 g blanched almonds
- 2 scallions, sliced (2 cm. length)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g fresh mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons clear broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade and add the chicken cubes.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Blend ingredients of the sauce.
- Heat oil in wok and fry almonds till lightly brown.
- Remove from the wok and absorb excess oil on paper towel.
- Fry the chicken cubes in hot oil 3-4 minutes, until golden brown, while mixing and separating.
- Remove and drain.
- In large shallow frying pan heat 1 tbls.
- oil, add ginger, scallions and garlic and fry 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and almonds, mix a minute and add the sauce.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with rice.