This is an easy 1-pot dish, bursting with flavor. It's also very good cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced and finely grated rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water or 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1Heat the oil and the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry until soft.
- 2Add the chicken and fry gently until it is beginning to brown.
- 3Add the garlic and fry for a couple more minutes.
- 4Add the basmati rice to the pan and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add the water (or chicken stock) and bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- 6When the chicken is cooked through and rice has absorbed all of the liquid, remove from heat and stir in the grated rind and juice of the lemon, season with the salt and pepper and add the parsley.
- 7Leave for 5 minutes to absorb the lemon flavour.
- 8Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Almond Pilau
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.4
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 131.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g