Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy 1-pot dish, bursting with flavor. It's also very good cold.
Make and share this Chicken and Almond Pilau recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups basmati rice
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced and finely grated rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- Heat the oil and the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry until soft.
- Add the chicken and fry gently until it is beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic and fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the basmati rice to the pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the water (or chicken stock) and bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- When the chicken is cooked through and rice has absorbed all of the liquid, remove from heat and stir in the grated rind and juice of the lemon, season with the salt and pepper and add the parsley.
- Leave for 5 minutes to absorb the lemon flavour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top.
A tasty rice dish, went down a treat. Although I enjoyed the flavour next time I think I'll try using chicken stock instead of just water.
I made up a batch of this last night, not changing a thing except to use all olive oil instead of a mix of oil and butter. I zested the lemon with my Microplane. The taste of the rice was amazing! I'm planning on making this again tomorrow night, can't wait!