Recipe by prattmama
This is the EASIEST chicken you can make and it's delicious!
Top Review by prattfur
I have done this dish twice and both times it was awesome! If you go by the posted recipe you can't mess it up. But heres a hint from a chicken novice.. when you pound the chicken cover it with plastic wrap or something!!! (LOL) It took me an hour to clean up the "splatter" the first time I made it. The chicken is so tasty and moist you can't miss out on this one.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 -10 green onions
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay chicken on cutting board. Using a meat mallet, pound each breast to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut the green onions the length of the chicken breasts. Arrange 2 or so green onions along the edge of a chicken breast. Roll the chicken tightly around the onion and secure with kitchen twine. Repeat with remaining chicken and onions. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, and garlic in a zip top plastic bag. Add the chicken wraps and marinate for about an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, oven proof skillet over medium-high heat - I use a cast iron skillet. Remove the chicken wraps from the marinade and place in the skillet, reserving the marinade. Cook, turning occasionally until well browned, 5 - 6 minutes. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and place the skillet in the oven and continue cooking an additional 5 - 6 minutes.
- Serve with additional soy sauce if desired. Fried rice is a great side dish with this meal.