Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I don't remember where this recipe came from but it is quick, easy, and good...the three things that I am always looking for in a recipe. Served with rice and broccoli, it is much requested meal.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- margarine or butter
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- On waxed paper, mix flour, salt, and pepper; use to coat chicken breasts.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot margarine or butter, cook chicken breasts until browned and fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- In same skillet over medium heat, in 1 more tablespoon hot margarine or butter, cook almonds until lightly browned.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.