Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from but it is quick, easy, and good...the three things that I am always looking for in a recipe. Served with rice and broccoli, it is much requested meal.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- margarine or butter
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- On waxed paper, mix flour, salt, and pepper; use to coat chicken breasts.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot margarine or butter, cook chicken breasts until browned and fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- In same skillet over medium heat, in 1 more tablespoon hot margarine or butter, cook almonds until lightly browned.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Very good!!! I got a little off the track and threw some capers into the sauce (a la chicken picatta). Enjoyed this very much thanks for sharing.
This was great. The lemon and almond go really well together. Took the advice of previous reviewers and increased the flour mixture. My chicken took longer to cook. Doubled the lemon juice and maybe an extra tbsp or so of almonds. It didn't really make a sauce, though the flavors were nice and intense that really wasn't a problem. Served with rice and peas. Definitely making this again.
Loved the flavor and who would have thought it was so easy! I didn't use all of the lemon juice called for and next time would go with just 1 Tbsp. Also, there was not enough coating to coat all the chicken but each piece got at least some seasoning. Thanks for the keeper.