Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy chicken casserole, topped with crescent rolls
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Comine first eight ingredients in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- Pour into 12x8 inch greased baking dish.
- Unroll the crescent rolls into two long rectangles and place over the hot chicken mixture.
- Comine remaining ingredients spread over the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.