Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually make this dish for company and it's always well received.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 chicken breast halves, boned
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry wine (apple juice may be used as a subsitute)
- Saute almonds in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving butter in skillet.
- Set almonds aside.
- Combine flour, rosemary salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in reserved butter over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side.
- Stir in wine or apple juice, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter, reserving juices in skillet.
- Set chicken aside and keep warm.
- Bring juices to a boil; stir in reserved almonds.
- Spoon almond mixture over chicken.
Simply fantastic! Everyone loved this. I used about 1 T. fresh rosemary mixed in with the flour. I used about 6 thin chicken breasts. I stretched the sauce ingredients with some chicken stock to serve over angel hair pasta, and garnished with fresh parsley. Served with sides of orange glazed carrots, field greens salad and crispy bread. 5 stars all the way! Thanks Chicagopm!
This is an easy dish to prepare yet elegant for company. The Rosemary and Chablis is a wonderful combination for the chicken. I served this with a pineapple rice. Wow! Thank you so much, Chicagopm.