Recipe by Chicagopm
I usually make this dish for company and it's always well received.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Simply fantastic! Everyone loved this. I used about 1 T. fresh rosemary mixed in with the flour. I used about 6 thin chicken breasts. I stretched the sauce ingredients with some chicken stock to serve over angel hair pasta, and garnished with fresh parsley. Served with sides of orange glazed carrots, field greens salad and crispy bread. 5 stars all the way! Thanks Chicagopm!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 chicken breast halves, boned
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry wine (apple juice may be used as a subsitute)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute almonds in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving butter in skillet.
- Set almonds aside.
- Combine flour, rosemary salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in reserved butter over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side.
- Stir in wine or apple juice, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter, reserving juices in skillet.
- Set chicken aside and keep warm.
- Bring juices to a boil; stir in reserved almonds.
- Spoon almond mixture over chicken.