Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup progresso Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sliced blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup flour, mixed with
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- milk or half-and-half
- Make egg wash by mixing together egg, oil and water.
- In blender on high speed, blend bread crumbs and almonds for 10 seconds.
- To bread chicken, dip in flour mixture, then egg wash, then bread crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat butter and oil for frying over medium heat in saute pan.
- Add chicken and saute until well done, about 10 minutes. If using mushrooms, saute them along with chicken.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In pan, melt butter, add flour to make a roux. Add chicken broth, boil and stir constantly until thickened. Thin to desired sauce consistency with a little milk or 1/2 and 1/2.
- Keep sauce warm until ready to serve.
- Spoon some sauce on serving platter (or individual plates), place chicken on sauce and add more sauce on top.
- Garnish with toasted sliced blanched almonds.