Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious! I make the same amount of sauce for 2 chicken breasts; that way I have extra sauce that can seep into a side of mashed potatoes or rice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Measure flour, salt and pepper into a flat dish.
- Coat both sides of chicken breasts.
- Melt butter in a saute pan and brown chicken slowly over low heat on each side.
- Add lemon juice.
- Cover the pan and continue to cook until chicken is tender and cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic; saute until translucent.
- Add the wine and return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover and continue to cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the almonds in a small skillet.
- Brown over medium heat.
- Arrange chicken on a plate.
- Top with sauce and toasted almonds.