Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped, 1 medium
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground red chile
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- slivered almonds
- Chicken breasts halves should be boneless.
- Cook and stir onion in margarine and oil in a 10-inch skillet, until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, 1/4 cup almonds, ground red chilies, vinegar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a blender, cover and blend on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Return sauce to skillet.
- Dip chicken breasts into the sauce to coat both sides.
- Place skin sides up in a single layer in the skillet.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat; cover and simmer until done, about 45 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with the remaining slivered almonds.