Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from a Sara Moulton episode on foodnetwork.com. This very much reminds me of my favorite meal at a locally well known Italian restaurant. For the Alfredo sauce, I use Alfredo Sauce. (Since trying this, I can't stand the store bought stuff!) I also serve with a side of Sara's Caesar Salad and garlic bread.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram, crushed
- 1.23 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cooked & chopped into bite size pieces
- alfredo sauce
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 255.14 g package frozen asparagus cuts, do not thaw but do separate into individual pieces
- 453.59 g fettuccine pasta, cooked & drained according to package directions
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over moderate heat 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, marjoram, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the juice released from the mushrooms evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, alfredo sauce, and wine; adjust heat so mixture bubbles gently, then cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, cover and cook just until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes; no longer or asparagus will become mushy.
- Serve over hot fettuccini, with fresh grated parmesan on top.
This was verry good. I used fresh aspargus and caned mushrooms and was delicous. thank you
Very yummy! Easy for a weeknight, too. I think I will use fresh asparagus cuts in the future, but don't plan to change anything else. Great as is. The chef (Beth A.) and this recipe were chosen for Pick A Chef Fall 2007. Excellent choice.