1/1 Photo of Chicken Alfredo With Mushrooms and Asparagus
Beth A.'s Note:
Adapted from a Sara Moulton episode on foodnetwork.com. This very much reminds me of my favorite meal at a locally well known Italian restaurant. For the Alfredo sauce, I use Alfredo Sauce. (Since trying this, I can't stand the store bought stuff!) I also serve with a side of Sara's Caesar Salad and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram, crushed
- 1.23 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cooked & chopped into bite size pieces
- alfredo sauce
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 255.14 g package frozen asparagus cuts, do not thaw but do separate into individual pieces
- 453.59 g fettuccine pasta, cooked & drained according to package directions
- 1Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over moderate heat 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, marjoram, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the juice released from the mushrooms evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken, alfredo sauce, and wine; adjust heat so mixture bubbles gently, then cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add asparagus, cover and cook just until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes; no longer or asparagus will become mushy.
- 4Serve over hot fettuccini, with fresh grated parmesan on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Alfredo With Mushrooms and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 112.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 41.3 g