Adapted from a Sara Moulton episode on foodnetwork.com. This very much reminds me of my favorite meal at a locally well known Italian restaurant. For the Alfredo sauce, I use Alfredo Sauce. (Since trying this, I can't stand the store bought stuff!) I also serve with a side of Sara's Caesar Salad and garlic bread.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked & chopped into bite size pieces
- alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen asparagus cuts, do not thaw but do separate into individual pieces
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked & drained according to package directions
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over moderate heat 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, marjoram, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the juice released from the mushrooms evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, alfredo sauce, and wine; adjust heat so mixture bubbles gently, then cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, cover and cook just until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes; no longer or asparagus will become mushy.
- Serve over hot fettuccini, with fresh grated parmesan on top.
This was verry good. I used fresh aspargus and caned mushrooms and was delicous. thank you
Very yummy! Easy for a weeknight, too. I think I will use fresh asparagus cuts in the future, but don't plan to change anything else. Great as is. The chef (Beth A.) and this recipe were chosen for Pick A Chef Fall 2007. Excellent choice.