Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Betty Crocker Simple Winter Meals.
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll breadstick dough; separate at perforations to form 12 strips and set aside.
- Mix Alfredo sauce, milk, vegetables and chicken in 3-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Spoon into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Twist each dough strip; arrange crosswise over hot chicken mixture, gently stretching strips if necessary to fit. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until breadsticks are deep golden brown.
I adjusted this abunch-- to take advantage of ingredients I already had, to simplify the steps, and to make the recipe vegetarian. I mixed the Alfredo sauce, vegetables (adding some thawed sweet corn), some chicken substitute, and the milk in a bowl, then poured the mixture directly into the pan. I covered the pan in foil and baked for 20 minutes. At the end of 20 minutes, I uncovered the pan and moved it to the bottom shelf of the oven, and baked a can of biscuits on the middle shelf. Delicious! And simple. I will definitely make it this way again.
LOVE this dish!! So hearty and delicious, but so easy to make! My kids love this meal and ask for it frequently. My only modification is that I use a pie crust on the bottom, and cover the entire top with Pillsbury big and buttery croissants, rolled out flat to seal the perforations. Thanks so much for sharing!!
I love this recipe. I had this a few years ago and then lost it. Love the flavoring and it is so easy to make!