Recipe by Chai Latte 2 Go
From Betty Crocker Simple Winter Meals.
Top Review by juniperwoman
I adjusted this abunch-- to take advantage of ingredients I already had, to simplify the steps, and to make the recipe vegetarian. I mixed the Alfredo sauce, vegetables (adding some thawed sweet corn), some chicken substitute, and the milk in a bowl, then poured the mixture directly into the pan. I covered the pan in foil and baked for 20 minutes. At the end of 20 minutes, I uncovered the pan and moved it to the bottom shelf of the oven, and baked a can of biscuits on the middle shelf. Delicious! And simple. I will definitely make it this way again.
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll breadstick dough; separate at perforations to form 12 strips and set aside.
- Mix Alfredo sauce, milk, vegetables and chicken in 3-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Spoon into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Twist each dough strip; arrange crosswise over hot chicken mixture, gently stretching strips if necessary to fit. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until breadsticks are deep golden brown.