Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Philadelphia cream cheese.
Top Review by katew
Fab mid week meal - everyone ate it so 5 stars up front. I made my own pesto sauce as there is so much basil right now in the garden. Due to various intolerances I served the sauce over quinoa instead of angel hair pasta. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese spread
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 7 minute or until cooked through.
- Stir in milk and cream cheese spread; cook 3 minute or until cream cheese spread is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add peppers, Parmesan cheese and pesto; stir. Cook 3 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add to cream cheese mixture; toss to coat.