Recipe by gracefire
If you like Chicken Breasts, and Chicken Alfredo in particular, this recipe is going to blow your socks off!! SOOO easy, SOOOO yummy, and if you have any leftovers, they disappear fast! Great company dish, as it makes a lovely presentation. The flavor from the roasted peppers was tantalizing, next time I'll add 1/2 cup, instead. From Better Homes & Gardens Phase I Low Carb Recipes.
Top Review by Lou
I have low carbed before, but missed this terrific dish. Wonderful. Served it over dreamfields angel hair pasta, which I simply added butter, salt pepper, and basil to . Wonderful, wonderful!
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces asiago cheese (1 cup) or 4 ounces parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet brown chicken breasts in hot oil about 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Transfer chicken to a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan beat whipping cream with a wire whisk or rotary beater for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Heat over medium heat just until simmering. Reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually whisk in cheese until melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts in dish; top with sweet peppers. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Sprinkle with basil.