Recipe by cooker guy
My nephew wanted Alfredo Lasagne like he had in Spain so I looked up an Alfredo recipe here, tweaked it a little, added the lasagne ingredients and voila! Kidding aside it turned out really well.
- 3⁄4 lb butter
- 5 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the chicken breasts until done all the way through, I used frozen breasts and it took about 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Start the Lasagne noodles to boiling.
- Combine in a large saucepan the butter and 4 cups of the half and half, bring almost to a boil then add the Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Mix 1 cup of half and half with the corn starch and blend well.
- Add the corn starch mixture to sauce pan and stir constantly until the cheese is melted the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the lasagne noodles when they are tender.
- Dice the chicken into 1" cubes.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking oil and then lay down one layer of noodles,
- 1/3 of the chicken, mozzarella, ricotta, spinach and 1/4 of the sauce.
- repeat 3 times.
- put a final layer of noodles on top and cover with the remaining sauce.
- cover with aluminum foil. At this point you can put in the refrigerator for cooking the next day.
- When ready, preheat oven to 375 and bake for 1 hour.
- Let it cool a little then cut into squares and serve.