Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From mmm...cafe blog.
Make and share this Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups recipe from Food.com.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups alfredo sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 3 cups cheese, of your choice
Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (use wedge-type, canned curdles and separates)
- To make the Garlic Alfredo Sauce: In a medium to large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add fresh minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the cream cheese and whisk to smooth and melted. Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens, around 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese and when melted, remove from heat. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- To assemble: Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and pour 1/2 cup alfredo sauce, or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Boil 8-10 cups water in a large pot, cook lasagne noodles until al dente. It is important part to drain and rinse the noodles with cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other. Then, lay out each noodle individually and blot dry with a paper towel.
- Spread about 2 Tbs. alfredo sauce over each noodle. (refrain from placing too much sauce; you will have a big mess on your hands) Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt on top of sauce. Take 1/9 of the shredded chicken and spread it out evenly over each noodle. Add approximately 3 tablespoons cheese. To roll up, start at one end and roll the noodle over the toppings, lifting the noodle a little to prevent squishing out the inside ingredients while rolling.
- Place the roll-ups in the prepared pan, one by one, seam-side down. Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted on top.