Recipe by lauradowney36
Super Cheesy and so Good! If you have kids that don't like a tomato based lasagna ... they will love this one.
- 3 -4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (1 lb) package lasagna noodle
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- provolone cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Season the breasts with pepper, oregano, and whatever Italian seasoning you like.
- 2. Cook the breasts in a crock pot with a little chicken broth 6 hours or till done.
- 3. Shred chicken apart with a fork and set aside.
- 4. Boil noodles with the olive oil. Drain. Set aside. (Leaving them a slightly under cooked.).
- 5. Mix the Mozzarella, Ricotta and Parmesan cheese with the egg and oregano & pepper. I like to add a little minced garlic to the mix. But you can use powdered also.
- 6. In a frying pan, heat up some olive oil. When hot, add 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic and 1/2 a yellow onion diced. Sautee. Mix in with shredded chicken.
- 7. Preheat oven to 350.
- 8. In a 8 1/2 X 11 baking dish, scoop a heaping ladle of sauce and spread on the bottom of the dish. Lay 3 lasagna pieces across the bottom. Cover with cheese mixture and shredded chicken. Place a layer of provolone and then ladle more sauce over the cheese. Repeat this until the last layer. Use any remaining sauce on the top layer and cover entire top with mozzarella or provolone cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 9. Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to cook until the top layer of cheese is melted and the pasta is tender. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for about 10 minutes. Serve with salad and your favorite garlic bread or rolls.