Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was having company for dinner one night- an hour & a half before they arrived, i had no idea what to make- i grabbed some things fr the fridge & cupboard & came up with this at the last minute- still a company pleaser!
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
- 3 medium chicken, breasts cubed
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cut up asparagus
- 1⁄4 onion, I dont like them (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas, I dont like them (optional)
- 4 cups grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 5 cups milk (may vary)
- 2 tablespoons sp margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour (may vary)
- 1 (2 -3 ounce) packagewhite cheddar cheese powder (i take it from a box of white cheddar kd)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Starts off like a basic white sauce.
- melt marg in a large sauce pan, then add the flour until it forms a grainy paste, slowly add the milk until it starts to thicken, then add parmesan, garlic powder & seasoning salt to taste. add in all of the veggies to let them soften- you can add whatever veggies you like.
- cook the chicken in a fry pan slightly until white, then add to the sauce as well.
- once the sauce is thick, layer it between noodles, putting a thin layer of cheese on top of each layer of filling. put a final layer of cheese & feta on top & bake until all cheese is melted & bubbly- feta cheese doesnt really melt- it will just turn a golden brown- serve w/garlic toast& ceaser salad- goes nicely with a light white wine.
wow this is good. i did leave out the peas and asparagus as my kids dont like them. i didnt have any feta cheese so i used cheddar but it still tasted great.