Recipe by Spyder-man
I love alfredo and wanted to create a self contained low carb meal for one so here it is. Although this alfredo will not be white, it is so good you won't care! You could use low carb pasta but we eat it all by itself. You could substitute a couple broccoli florets for asparagus or even add them if you wish!
Top Review by Shawn C
LOVE< LOVE this. I prefer adding cajun seasonings to the chicken and almost blackening them and cooking in some butter and olive oil then cook the mushrooms in the pan when they are done to soak up all that cook flavor in the pan. Sometimes I add some minced onions and cook first or sometimes I might use a chopped up green onion to top the dish with. I have had this over linguini, and I have also used the mini penne and then tossed it in the pan once cooked al dente and let cook a few minutes to soak up some of that great flavor. The blackened seasoning (paul prodohme redfish magic) does make the sauce a little on the red side- but that is fine with me! We have used this recipe many times. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into medalions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (sweet cream and salted)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced (large or small to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slender stalks asparagus (cut in diagonal bite size pieces)
- 2 white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all ingredients ready before starting.
- In heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté chicken breasts until starting to brown a little remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat place 1/2 TBSP butter and melt, quickly add mushrooms and asparagus and sauté 5-7 minutes until asparagus is tender crisp.
- Remove mushrooms and asparagus and place in dish with cooked chicken.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in same skillet, add garlic and sauté 1 minute, add whipping cream and stir with whisk to get brown bits from bottom of pan, bring to a boil.
- Add parmesan cheese and whisk until starting to melt the cheese.
- Add chicken and veggies from the bowl and any juices that are in the bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until reheated and well mixed. Add pepper to taste
- Serve immediately.