Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fast & easy way to make chicken alfredo. I have change the amount of mozzarella based on the reviews.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 8 ounces 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic & cook until golden.
- Pour in the cream & milk, stir until cream & butter no longer separate. Add the cheese & stir until it is melted.
- Simmer the mixture on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Add grated parmesan then salt & pepper to taste. Pour the cheese mixture over the pasta & chicken. Serve immediately.
This is a nice main dish to prepare. I did try to reduce some of the fat by using half n half in place of the whipping cream. I sauteed the chicken in a skillet and used a garlic pepper seasoning. I found the amount of mozzarella to be a bit too much for this dish and next time would probably reduce that the next time I make it. Thanks for a great family meal. :) Made for 123 Hit Wonders
This is a very simple alfredo sauce to prepare. We used freshly grated cheeses but used only half the mozzarella called for. We used a Mrs. Dash type seasoning for the chicken and sauteed the pieces in olive oil before adding it to the sauce and pasta. Thanks for posting. :)
Made it for my family and it came out great.thanks !!