Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fast & easy way to make chicken alfredo. I have change the amount of mozzarella based on the reviews.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic & cook until golden.
- Pour in the cream & milk, stir until cream & butter no longer separate. Add the cheese & stir until it is melted.
- Simmer the mixture on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Add grated parmesan then salt & pepper to taste. Pour the cheese mixture over the pasta & chicken. Serve immediately.
This is a nice main dish to prepare. I did try to reduce some of the fat by using half n half in place of the whipping cream. I sauteed the chicken in a skillet and used a garlic pepper seasoning. I found the amount of mozzarella to be a bit too much for this dish and next time would probably reduce that the next time I make it. Thanks for a great family meal. :) Made for 123 Hit Wonders
This is a very simple alfredo sauce to prepare. We used freshly grated cheeses but used only half the mozzarella called for. We used a Mrs. Dash type seasoning for the chicken and sauteed the pieces in olive oil before adding it to the sauce and pasta. Thanks for posting. :)
This dish was creamy and garlicky and really what an alfredo dish should taste like! I did add some broccoli at the end of the fettucini boil and added it in to give a little color and hint of healthiness. I cut the chicken into really small chunks and sprinkled them with garlic powder as they cooked as well. It was definitely a very filling and fattening dish but it was very tasty. I won't make it often but when I do want an alfredo recipe...this will be the one I go to.