Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is Al and Fred's recipe. I have also made this with shrimp instead of chicken.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes or 1⁄2 fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 fluid ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 fluid ounces half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cooked pasta
- Sauté the chicken in olive oil.
- Turn and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms begin to darken, add the basil, bacon, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Heat on low for 15 minutes.
- Add the half and half and serve over pasta.
It was great! I used dried basil (that's what I had) so I only put half. I also doubled the recipe ad used a fresh tomato. It was fine! Thanks!
Great! I was surprised to see the sauce's red color, but it was awesome. I used half of a large fresh tomato, that may be why. We're not big fans of mushrooms, so I left them out. Pretty easy to make. The basil added a great flavor. Overall, we were very pleased.
This was really good! I added onions and used pesto instead of basail, didnt have any fresh on hand i think fresh tastes better! I aslo used whole milk what i had! thanks for the recipe!