Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best, richest Alfredo sauce that we have ever tasted. If possible please use the REAL Parmigiano Reggiano, but if you can not, then the grated parmesan that you get from your deli will do fine!
- Slice chicken into bite size peices.
- Pan fry chicken in olive oil until browned, then set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In saucepan; melt butter over medium heat.
- Add whipping cream, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add half of the Parmigiano Reggiano slowly stirring constantly until incooperated, then proceed to add the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano, again stirring to incooperate.
- Add white pepper, salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Cook sauce until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in white wine (optional).
- In a bowl, mix, chicken, pasta and Alfredo sauce; garnish & serve.
One person claimed that there were no directions as to when to add the heavy cream and white wine, but those steps are clearly outlined in #'s 5 & 9, if you bother to look. This is a great Alfredo recipe, and I will be using it again:)
This was awesome! It's restaurant quality and easy to put together, too. Loved it! Thanks, Marly! Made for PAC fall 2009