Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Breaded chicken with artichoke hearts. Tasty!
Make and share this Chicken Alexander recipe from Food.com.
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Quarter the artichokes and cut the chicken up into somewhat smaller pieces - makes it easier to serve.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan and parsley in a shallow pan.
- Melt the butter and add garlic, worcestershire sauce, mustard and lemon juice.
- Stir well and let mixture cool but not congeal.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the butter then roll in the crumb mix until they are well coated.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large, shallow baking dish. Place the artichokes and mushrooms around the chicken. Pour the remaining butter over the chicken. If there isn't enough, melt more butter.
- Bake 45 minutes.