A fajita-like dish from Food and Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces thick slab bacon, cut into 1/3 inch strips (can substitute cut bacon strips)
- 12 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces oaxaca cheese or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1Heat the oil on a large griddle. Add the bacon and chorizo and cook over high heat, stirring, until browned in spots, 5 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through.
- 3Add the peppers and onion and cook until softened.
- 4Scatter the cheese on top and stir until it just starts to melt, then serve over tortillas and garnish with toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Alambre
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 929.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g