Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fajita-like dish from Food and Wine.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces thick slab bacon, cut into 1/3 inch strips (can substitute cut bacon strips)
- 12 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces oaxaca cheese or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, torn
- flour tortilla
- lime wedge
- Heat the oil on a large griddle. Add the bacon and chorizo and cook over high heat, stirring, until browned in spots, 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through.
- Add the peppers and onion and cook until softened.
- Scatter the cheese on top and stir until it just starts to melt, then serve over tortillas and garnish with toppings.