Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moist and tender chicken with a nice soft buttery coated breading on the outside. I serve this with a side of chicken flavored rice or noodles and vegetable. My husband first flinched when I told him about the Rice Krispies coating, but loved it when he tried it; you would never know it was cereal coated!
- In one bowl, mix cereal crumbs, seasonings & flour.
- Place the melted butter in another bowl.
- Dip the breasts into melted butter then coat with the cereal mixture.
- Place into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle remaining melted on top of chicken and coat with remaining mixture if you like extra breading.
- Bake, uncovered at 400°F for 30 minutes or a bit longer for outside crispiness.
Good recipe. I added some chile powder to the coating mix as well. I also used a butter spray with a small amount of butter for taste. I was really crispy and good. I found the flour was more than needed. Next time I'll cut it in half. Thanks
Great recipe. I omitted the flour and used Parmesan instead (son has Celiac). Also added onion and garlic powder to the seasoning.
I love this old recipe! My Mom used to make it all the time -- it's a great way to seal in moisture in skinless chicken, but you still need to watch to make sure breasts don't dry out. I'm going to try it with boneless skinless thighs. Interesting, we always thought the margerine version tasted better than butter; a rare thing.