Recipe by TheDancingCook
Moist and tender chicken with a nice soft buttery coated breading on the outside. I serve this with a side of chicken flavored rice or noodles and vegetable. My husband first flinched when I told him about the Rice Krispies coating, but loved it when he tried it; you would never know it was cereal coated!
Top Review by Tebo
Good recipe. I added some chile powder to the coating mix as well. I also used a butter spray with a small amount of butter for taste. I was really crispy and good. I found the flour was more than needed. Next time I'll cut it in half. Thanks
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed (I use the food processor for this, gets it well crushed and I have always used store brand Krispies)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In one bowl, mix cereal crumbs, seasonings & flour.
- Place the melted butter in another bowl.
- Dip the breasts into melted butter then coat with the cereal mixture.
- Place into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle remaining melted on top of chicken and coat with remaining mixture if you like extra breading.
- Bake, uncovered at 400°F for 30 minutes or a bit longer for outside crispiness.