1/2 Photos of Chicken Ala Orange Plus
1 hr 15 mins
------This is a gourmet do ahead dinner all in one dish. All the work is in the AM, pop it in the oven 45 minutes before dinner and wait for the raves. Your choice of vegetables may vary. I like to work in a green vegetable like peas, green beans or broccoli - they do not require any precooking just pop them into the baking dish with the other partially cooked vegetables and the chicken when you are 45 minutes away from dinner!------I have changed the chicken to 4 breasts from one chicken quartered as originally posted
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 fresh carrots, scraped, if quite long cut in half (try to get new)
- 2 white onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cut into 3-inch pieces, large pieces quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 oranges
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or 1/4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1Partially cook the carrots, potato, & parsnips- cook them in boiling water for approx 8 minutes. The vegetables should only be half cooked.
- 2Cut 4 slices of orange, cross wise, from one of the oranges, rind on. Use the remainder of this orange to add to the juice.
- 3Cut the second orange in half and squeeze the juice so the combined juice will be approx 3/4 cup of orange juice.You may requjire an additional orange depemding on how juicy your oranges are.
- 4Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to the orange juice, mix well.
- 5Place the chicken in a large oven proof dish allowing enough room for the vegetables to be in one layer.
- 6Surround the chicken with the partially cooked vegetables and the onions.
- 7Season with Salt & Pepper.
- 8You may now cover it and place in the fridge until 1 hour before.
- 9dinner (allow 15 minutes for the dish to get to room temp) or if you did not make it as a "Do ahead" recipe continue on.
- 10Stir the orange juice mixture well and pour 3/4 of it over the chicken & vegetables.
- 11Pop your dish into a preheated 375f oven, rack set in the middle of the oven, for 25 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven, place a slice of orange on each chicken piece, pour the remaining Orange juice mixture over the orange & chicken pieces.
- 13Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes. Check Chicken temperature it should be at 175°F to 180°F Check drumstick/thigh quarters.
- 14Drizzle the Grand Marnier over the chicken & vegetables - return to oven for 3 minutes.
- 15You are ready to serve - I hope it pleases you.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ala Orange Plus
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 550.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: