Recipe by KS Farmwife
I tried many recipes before finding this one. I love this for Sunday night supper.
Top Review by Sheila36
This was really delicious and quick to make. I used fresh mushrooms instead of the canned, also peas instead of green peppers. To cut the fat just a tad I used half and half instead of heavy cream. This is wonderful comfort food.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- toast or mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan, saute chicken, onion, and bell pepper in margarine till chicken is opaque and cooked.
- Remove to large saucepan or pot.
- Over med-low heat, add mushrooms, pimentos, 3/4 cup broth (reserve the rest), poultry seasoning, and a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream.
- Stir well.
- Increase heat to medium and bring almost to a boil.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup reserved broth.
- Should thicken quickly.
- Remove from heat and plate up over toast or mashed potatoes.