Recipe by Chris Reynolds
My mother used to make this recipe using leftover chicken. It has always been a favorite of mine, even though she used pimento which I don't care for. But you can leave it out, no harm done!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 6 biscuits or 6 toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and mushrooms in the oil until onion is translucent.
- Add the soup, poultry seasoning, and milk mixing until well blended.
- Add the pimento, if using, the chicken, peas, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 10-12 minutes.
- Cut biscuits in half.
- Serve chicken and gravy sauce on biscuits or toast points, if preferred.